Life Planning Education
Purpose and Objectives:
- Organise further education and career-related teaching and activities for students to enhance their knowledge and enrich their experience in this area.
- Enhance students' awareness, exploration, and preparation for life planning. Assist students in understanding their interests, abilities, needs, and aspirations to make choices about further education, vocational training, or employment.
- Provide students with the assistance, counselling, and information they need to pursue further education or apply for employment.
Main Scope of Work:
- Disseminate information such as admission activities of institutions, business trends, etc. to teachers and students.
- Assist students in understanding and using key platforms such as JUPAS, E-APP, etc.
- Provide certificates, testimonials and recommendation letters for graduates and school leavers.
- Assist students in applying for nominations, grants and scholarships in the area of further studies and employment.
- Assist students and parents in resolving questions and providing counselling on subject selection, further studies, and career-related matters.
- Arrange life planning-related teaching and activities.
- Conduct graduate exit surveys.
Examples of Teaching and Activities:
- Seminars by tertiary institutions
- Mock interview workshops for further studies and job hunting
- Sharing by senior students and alumni
- Career interest assessment tests
- Seminars on subject selection for S3 parents and students
- Visits to the Education and Career Expo
- Mock workplace experiences
- Business-School Partnership Programme
- Life planning mentorship programme
- Life planning course